Saturday, May 23, 2009

A photo gallery of early motorcycling involving The Velobanjogent.....

Yes I'm back from the USA where I Velocetted with friends and played a little banjo....
This blog is one featuring some early pics of my motorcycling, in no particular date order and something I'd like just like to share with you...
Left click on the images to enlarge....
This first image is taken in early 1963...a 1958 MSS Velocette with an Australian made Murphy sidecar...favoured by the NSW Police force at the time...normally fitted to Triumphs or some CSR Matchlesses and doubless used to transport the slightly overweight station sergeant around...
It was my first motorcycle, prior to that I had a 150cc LD Lambretta motorscooter for 6 months.











































Same bike, now solo...there-in lies a tale for another time.... my family lived in a council flat and work on the bike was done in the open...no shed or garage. Tricky if I had to go to work the next day...













































I've likely run photo this before...my 1961 Venom Velocette, bought in 1964 with 400 miles on the clock- the photo is with friend Jim Day and his 1958 MSS Velo, with a nasty puncture...January in Australia, over 110 degrees F heat that day in the far west of NSW.
Damage to the headlight nacelle on my Venom confirms I'd taken a tumble on the sandy road...

















Not a good quality pic...around 1981, my 250cc special Velo in New Zealand for the Classic races at Pukekohe, south of Auckland with a locally made cylinder head...a Carey Head, in a locally made Smith frame...a copy of the English Beasley frame of the early 1950s....




















Photo of me in the IOM in 1975 on my BMW R50/5 I'd ridden overland from Australia. Now sporting an Avonair fairing and changed Craven topbox. Still with current NSW, Australia registration.

















Finally a photo in my shop...KTT Services, during 2001....instruments everywhere...memorabilia all over the walls.... the one thing I miss in retirement - being able to share all this stuff with clients....

No comments: